[ALOY-992] Alloy : Geocoder sample application in Titanium Studio
|Affected Version/s||Alloy 1.3.1|
|Fix Version/s||Alloy 1.4.0|
|Components||Samples & Templates|
DescriptionHI, I think there are a bug with the geocoder sample (in titanium studio). Your version use google map V1. It works, but it is depreacated and some features are not accessible. For using google map V2 you have to do 2 changes according to my post: http://developer.appcelerator.com/question/164411/google-maps-v2-is-different-with-alloy#answer-278090 Your online documentation seems to be good: http://docs.appcelerator.com/titanium/3.0/#!/api/Modules.Map. The bug is only present with Alloy. The classic mode works perfectly.
- Ritu Agrawal 2014-04-24 Moving this to Engineering for further evaluation as suggested by Tim Poulsen.
- Tim Poulsen 2014-05-07 I've updated the sample to implement the external Ti.Maps module and Google Maps API v2. Unfortunately, the API key associated with the old version no longer seems to work. I've removed it. In its place are comments to the developer that he or she will have to register with Google to obtain an API key and update the tiapp.xml file. A link to the docs is included in those comments as well. I've tested this on the Genymotion emulator (4.2.2 w/Google Play Services installed), my Galaxy Nexus (4.1.2), and the iOS 7 simulator. The fix includes a couple of minor UI fixes. PR: https://github.com/appcelerator/alloy/pull/389 Functional test: Prior to the publication of Alloy 1.4, to test: Create a new Alloy project, from the Alloy repo, copy the contents of the samples/mapping folder into your app's app folder. Make sure to update the tiapp.xml with the Android-specific map XML (copy from the androidManifest.template.xml file), making sure to update with a valid app ID and APIv2 key. Run on the simulator/emulator. You should get a map with one annotation. In the text field, enter "300 N. Bernardo Av, Mountain View, CA" and click the plus button to add a new annotation. Tap either annotation, tap the X (delete) button to remove the annotation. After Alloy 1.4 is published, within Studio, open the Dashboard and switch to the Develop tab, then import the Geocoder sample. Follow the preceding steps to update the tiapp.xml and test.
- Tim Poulsen 2014-05-07 PR merged
- Deepti Pandey 2014-05-16 Verified as FIXED using : Mac :10.9.2 Appcelerator Studio, build: 22.214.171.124405121247 SDK - 3.3.0.v20140515151935 acs-1.0.14 alloy-1.4.0-dev npm-1.3.2 titanium-3.3.0-dev titanium-code-processor-1.1.1 Xcode :5.1.1 Devices Used: Nexus 7, iPhone 5s external Ti.Maps module and Google Maps API v2 has been implemented in alloy geocoder app. Hence closing.
- Tim Poulsen 2014-05-19 The updated app (https://github.com/appcelerator/alloy/tree/master/samples/mapping) is not what's being imported. Tested with Studio 126.96.36.199405161250 (3.3 alpha). TiSDK 3.3.0.Alpha. and Alloy 1.4.0-alpha. I was told that Studio would pull those samples from the Alloy repo in the spot indicated. I'm not sure where they get that sample. [~pinnamuri] or [~cwilliams] Where are the samples from the (Ti & Appc) Studio dashboard's Develop tab imported from?
- Praveen Innamuri 2014-05-19 [~skypanther] The Alloy samples are imported from /usr/local/lib/node_modules/alloy/samples. I'm not sure whether did you update the samples in ALOY npm module with the changes from github.
- Tim Poulsen 2014-05-20 [~pinnamuri] The sample was updated and is part of Alloy 1.4.0-alpha. See https://github.com/appcelerator/alloy/tree/1_4_X/samples/mapping That should be copied to the user's /usr/local/lib/node_modules/alloy/samples directory when Alloy is installed.
- Praveen Innamuri 2014-05-21 The imported Geocoder sample is not coming from alloy npm modules (TISTUD-5844). This will be addressed through TISTUD-6526
- Federico Casali 2014-05-27 Sample code has to be modified adding the android key value for Google Android Maps V2, as described in the docs. Works as expected on Android and iOS devices. TiSDK 3.3.0.v20140524224144 Alloy 1.4.0-alpha4 Appcelerator Studio 188.8.131.52405211748 CLI 3.3.0-alpha5 Closing.