[MOD-2315] iOS: APM - App rejected because of private symbols
|Affected Version/s||Release 6.0.0, Release 5.5.1|
DescriptionHi, App refused many times cos "Non-public API usage" only when enabling com.appcelerator.apm module
The app references non-public symbols in onsite: _IOHIDEventAppendEvent, _IOHIDEventCreateDigitizerEvent, _IOHIDEventCreateDigitizerFingerEventWithQuality
- Hans Knöchel 2016-11-20 I am shocked Apple still rejects these kinds of symbols. There are obviously non-Apple symbols (coming from the KIF-Framework) and there is an open [Github issue](https://github.com/kif-framework/KIF/issues/914) for it. We'll take a look anyway, maybe we can obfuscate the API's temporary. For now, just resubmit it and explain them that it's no Apple API, they will approve it then, since they are aware of their false positives.
- Hans Knöchel 2016-11-21 [~hazemkhaled] I searched through both the used Crittercism SDK and the module itself: It does not contain this symbol. If you are really sure the module is causing it, please provide more infos on the version, platform etc pp.
- Hazem Khaled 2016-11-23 I'll try to upload Hello World app with only APM and back to you, but i make sure cos current proceed app already with all my modules + soasta module. This is my test sheet i already made ||SDK||run-on-main-thread||com.soasta.touchtest||com.appcelerator.apm||Result|| |5.5.1.GA|No|Yes|Yes|FAIL| |5.5.1.GA|Yes|Yes|Yes|FAIL| |5.5.1.GA|No|Yes|No|Success| |5.5.1.GA|No|No|Yes|FAIL| |6.0.0.GA|No|Yes|Yes|FAIL| |6.0.0.GA|Yes|Yes|Yes|FAIL| |6.0.0.GA|No|Yes|No|Success| |6.0.0.GA|No|No|Yes|FAIL|
- Hans Knöchel 2018-06-19 [~hazemkhaled] Sorry for waking this thread up again, but is this still an issue? We are using the latest Crittercism SDK in our apm module these days, so it should be fine. But I wanted to confirm with you before resolving the ticket, thanks!
- Hazem Khaled 2018-06-19 @hans I don’t have a project with APM right now, can’t test it. We can close it until anyone else report
- Eric Merriman 2018-08-06 Closed as completed. If this is in error, please reopen.