[MOD-2646] Update iOS Admob Module
DescriptionNeed to update the iOS Admob module. The current version 2.5.0 has references to UIWebView which will no longer be allowed on the App Store shortly. I ran the check module script to verify.
User-iMac:Documents UserName$ sudo ./check-module.sh /Users/UserName/Library/Application\ Support/Titanium/modules/iphone/ti.admob/2.5.0 Checking /Users/UserName/Library/Application Support/Titanium/modules/iphone/ti.admob/2.5.0 /Users/UserName/Library/Application Support/Titanium/modules/iphone/ti.admob/2.5.0/platform/FBAudienceNetwork.framework contains references to UIWebView /Users/UserName/Library/Application Support/Titanium/modules/iphone/ti.admob/2.5.0/platform/GoogleMobileAds.framework contains references to UIWebView /Users/UserName/Library/Application Support/Titanium/modules/iphone/ti.admob/2.5.0/platform/PersonalizedAdConsent.framework contains references to UIWebView
- Satinder Pal Singh 2020-06-12
[~vgoyal], can you please update the framework as per description & verify below things:
Everything working without any impact/change on app.js
List out if there's any items depreciated with this update.cc: [~amukherjee] [~eharris] [~jvennemann] [~vijaysingh] [~fahaque]
- Vikas Goyal 2020-06-18 *PR:* https://github.com/appcelerator-modules/ti.admob/pull/98 *Impact/Change on App.js:* No *newly depreciated Api in google SDK which our module is using:* [GADMobileAds disableSDKCrashReporting:] [GADMobileAds disableAutomatedInAppPurchaseReporting:] [GADRequest setTestDevices:]
- Donovan Lewis 2020-06-23 This module does not work currently on iOS 14 Beta. When using it, the app opens and ads fail to receive. I think we should try and see if its something Google has to fix or something with the module.
- Imraan Jhetam 2020-06-23 Module needs upgrade to latest admob sdk. Need to be able to use rewarded adverts.
- Donovan Lewis 2020-06-23
- Imraan Jhetam 2020-06-24 Are you integrating Admob iOS sdk 7.55. Also including rewarded adverts?
- Ewan Harris 2020-06-25 [~immiejay], the admob sdk will be updated to 7.61.0 (you can see that in the PR https://github.com/appcelerator-modules/ti.admob/pull/98). This PR will not add support for rewarded adverts as it is purely focused on removing the UIWebView references in the module. Rewarded adverts will be dealt with separately.
- Imraan Jhetam 2020-06-25 Thank you for the new release. However I get this conflict with the Facebook module [ERROR] : ti:inspectFrameworks: Duplicate framework FBSDKCoreKit detected at these paths: [ERROR] : ti:inspectFrameworks: [ERROR] : ti:inspectFrameworks: /Users/imraan/Library/Application Support/Titanium/modules/iphone/facebook/7.0.1/platform/FBSDKCoreKit.framework [ERROR] : ti:inspectFrameworks: /Users/imraan/Library/Application Support/Titanium/modules/iphone/ti.admob/2.5.1/platform/FBSDKCoreKit.framework [ERROR] : ti:inspectFrameworks: [ERROR] : ti:inspectFrameworks: Please resolve this conflict by choosing one of the above frameworks that you want to keep and remove the other before continuing. [ERROR] : An error occurred during build after 8s 741ms [ERROR] : Duplicate framework FBSDKCoreKit detected.
- Jan Vennemann 2020-06-25 As the error explicitly states, just delete one of them (preferably the one in ti.admob) if you use both ti.admob and ti.facebook in your app.
- Satyam Sekhri 2020-06-26