[TIMOB-1419] iOS: Update Titanium.Facebook to use Facebook's New OAuth 2.0 Authentication
|Affected Version/s||Release 1.7.2|
|Fix Version/s||Sprint 2011-41, Release 1.7.4, Release 1.8.0|
Facebook has switched to using OAuth 2.0 for it's authentication
This new authentication strategy has several significant benefits
over the old way of authenticating.
1) The client only needs the App Id and not the Secret Key. No more exposing your secret key or proxying authentication calls through your servers.
2) The session object that is returned now holds enough information for the server to validate that the response came from Facebook (so only the application server has the secret key)
3) Extended application permission control has been added to the Facebook Connect authentication. (http://developers.facebook.com/docs/authentication/permissions)">http://developers.facebook.com/docs/authentication/permissions).
4) You can now use the access_token to easily call the graph API without the need to calculate signatures
- Sindre Sorhus 2011-04-15
- Anthony Webb 2011-04-15
+1 for moving this one up the list, would be nice to have this
- Jesus H. Christ 2011-04-15
+1 for this. Seems like this needs an overhaul pretty badly. Many posts in Q&A and Helpdesk are related to the currently-very-broken implementation (When using extended permissions such as offline access and requesting multiple permissions at a time).
More-so, the ability to request all permissions at login time (preventing multiple windows) would be nice.
- Alan Leard 2011-10-12 For iOS 1.7.2 AND 1.8 CI dialog posts are breaking. 1.7.2 seems to work for android, but 1.8 does not work for android or iOS. It seems that the login is working, and graph APIs, but dialog posting does not work. This can be tested in Kitchen Sink.
- florent loose 2011-10-18 sorry, i'm new here. how could i know WHEN this bug fix will be available in a new sdk ?
- Michael Pettiford 2011-10-21 Tested with 1.7.4.v20111021114614 with TiStudio 220.127.116.11110202348 on OSX Lion 10.7.2 iPod Touch with OS version 4.0.2 -- iPhone 4S with OS version 5.0 -- iPhone 3GS with OS version 3.1.2 -- iPad2 with OS version 4.3.5 iPhone simulator with OS version 5.0 and OS version 4.3 Facebook dialog is presented and successfully posts to Facebook. Keeping open to confirm with 1.8 before closing.
- Michael Pettiford 2011-10-25 Tested with 1.7.4.v20111025151415 with TiStudio 18.104.22.168110202348 on OSX Lion 10.7.2 iPhone 4S with OS version 5.0 – iPhone 3GS with OS version 3.1.2 – iPad2 with OS version 4.3.5 Facebook dialog is presented and successfully posts to Facebook. Keeping open to confirm with 1.8 before closing.
- Wilson Luu 2011-12-07 Closing bug. Verified fix on: OS: Mac OS X Lion Titanium Studio, build: 22.214.171.124112061404 SDK build: 126.96.36.199.v20111207091653 Devices: iOS Simulator (4.3), ipod 3rd Gen (4.0.2), iphone 4S Sprint (5.0.1), ipad 2 (5.0.1)