[TIMOB-1559] Android: Workaround Android Bug 2373 & 5277
|Fix Version/s||Release 1.5.0|
|Labels||android, defect, feature|
When a user installs an application downloaded from the Market or via a website and opens it from the installation success Activity. Pressing Home, then trying to bring the Application back via the launcher in the drawer/home scree or from the recent task menu will cause a new instance of the root activity to appear on the task stack.
- Don Thorp 2011-04-15
This work around allows the application to detect that it has been launched without th <property name="ti.android.bug2373.title">Restart Required</property> <property name="ti.android.bug2373.message">An application restart is required.</prope <property name="ti.android.bug2373.buttonText">Continue</property> <property name="ti.android.bug2373.backgroundColor">black</property>
- John Veldboom 2011-04-15
I'm still having this issue using the latest Oct 7th 1.4.2 build. I've also had other user comment that it's happened to him. Any ideas what is causing this or a work around to prevent this?
- Don Thorp 2011-04-15
This ticket is the workaround for the android os defect.
- Thomas Huelbert 2011-04-15
- Sean Colombo 2011-04-15
MUCH better than crashing, but this dialog still seems to scare users & I keep getting reports about it being a "bug". Users seem to view this as roughly equivalent to the app crashing.
This is a fairly uncomfortable situation since it happens without-fail the first time the user runs the app after installing it (and as far as I can tell, any time you click "open" from the app page in the Marketplace app).
Is there any harm in just making this into a toast notification saying that the app needs to do some initialization or something, and restarting automatically?
- Miguel Vizcaino 2011-05-16 I want to ask if this message "An application restart is required" is really necessary?. Users thinks that this bug is very common but in reality it is not. We need more information about this problem to explain them that this isn't a crash system.
- Zane Wright 2012-07-11 Have this issue in 2.0.1, except the issue is not limited to the installation success activity.
- Ygor Lemos 2013-08-07 This is still happening on 3.1.1.GA
- Billy Tetrud 2013-10-10 This is still happening on the most recent versions of titanium. Please reopen
- Joshua Quick 2019-01-11 This issue has been resolved in Titanium 8.0.0. Please see: [TIMOB-26075]