[TIMOB-2231] iOS: Add the ability to add Vector Overlay on Maps
|Fix Version/s||Release 4.1.0|
|Labels||SupportTeam, maps, mapview, overlay, tbs-1.9.0|
DescriptionI couldn't find an existing ticket for this, but I remember it being mentioned somewhere before. Would like to be able to draw vector shapes on top of a map with various colours / opacity / textures. Bonus points for code that assists with drawing and manipulating the vector with touch events, placing markers on the corners for resizing etc. Otherwise, at the very least some event triggering for clicking + interacting with the vector shape. This adds a whole other dimension to mapping applications for plotting areas and recording information against these areas.
- Alan Leard 2011-04-15
Additional HD Ticket Request: http://developer.appcelerator.com/helpdesk/view/74501">http://developer.appcelerator.com/helpdesk/view/74501
- Pedro Enrique 2011-06-07 We have a customer on HD asking also for this. He would like the possibility to use KLM files to define the coverage. http://support.appcelerator.com/tickets/APP-159319/homepage
- Stephen Tramer 2011-07-27 Needs to be discussed as to whether or not it can fit into the 1.8.0 timeframe, or is even possible on iOS. This would be a major new feature for us, requiring significant investment.
- Stephen Tramer 2011-07-27 Estimate includes time for spec plan, spec writing, spec review, spec approval, and implementation. This would have to be a greatly accelerated process and could lead to a faulty API. Highly recommended we postpone past 1.8.0.
- Rahul Dhingra 2012-05-05 Saw the TIMOB-1343 being closed today, recommend for this ticket to be looked into as its a part of the same primary feature ie. maps. It would complete all map functionality available natively.
- Davide Cassenti 2012-08-29 Hello, We got a request from another customer about this issue: the requirement is to be able to overlay a vector file (1 or more) over an Appcelerator MapView. They also want to be able to click on the Map to add new points.
- Van Le 2012-08-29 Check out the module we created to work with maps and overlays https://marketplace.appcelerator.com/apps/788?1985393439. If it is a specific enhancement please contact me to further discuss.
- Joseph Sachs 2015-05-22 There is a wonderful Module that works Well on iOS & Android for Polylines, Polygons & circles, by Luca Capra : https://github.com/muka/ti.map Missing Image Overlays though.
- Ashraf Abu 2015-05-27
- Ashraf Abu 2015-05-28 The PR is https://github.com/appcelerator-modules/ti.map/pull/86 Functionally tested, code reviewed and merged.
- Ashraf Abu 2015-05-28 Binary update PR: https://github.com/appcelerator/titanium_mobile/pull/6881
- Joseph Sachs 2015-05-28
- Lee Morris 2017-03-23 Closing ticket as fixed.