[TIMOB-2630] iOS: freeze after a certain number of child views added
|Resolution||Needs more info|
|Affected Version/s||Release 3.0.0|
http://developer.appcelerator.com/question/89381/worst-bug-ever---freeze-on-windowadd"> A comment on this community Q&A item provided http://dl.dropbox.com/u/13696999/freeze-test.zip">this example application, which will cause the iPhone emulator to lock up at around 120 child views added. It's unclear whether this is a bug or a practice we need to encourage developers to avoid.
If it's a bug, obviously we can provide a fix. If developers just shouldn't do something like that, we need to establish:
- How many child views are too many?
- Under what circumstances will these freezes happen?
- What measures can be taken/choices made to avoid this condition?
Either resolution will be helpful.
- Daniel Tome 2011-04-15
I'd like to add, when changing the code to remove a window instead of hiding it, I can get around 850 child objects. But it still freezes when doing a window add.
from the code attached above.. change this:
Is there a limit on how many child objects you can add?
- Nikolai Derzhak 2011-04-15 rollback wrong update
- Stephen Tramer 2012-07-26 Confirmed SDK 2.2.0.014b86f. Bumping the timer to a much smaller interval makes it easier to see the issue. The views are still being created (and probably added) but appear to no longer render after a certain point.
- Lee Morris 2017-06-14 Closing ticket because the URL provided is no longer working so there's no way to find the test case.