Titanium JIRA Archive
Appcelerator Community (AC)

[AC-2482] Labels not showing full contents.

GitHub Issuen/a
Resolution Date2012-10-09T16:17:47.000+0000
Affected Version/sn/a
Fix Version/sn/a
ComponentsTitanium SDK & CLI
Labelsdefect, label, regression
ReporterMitchell Amihod
AssigneeMauro Parra-Miranda


Label isn't growing to full height, but rather adding ellipsis in some cases. Did not have this issue under 2.0.1GA In the provided example app.js, expecting both labels to show full contents. This is a bit of a blocker for me - prepping an updated iOS6/iPhone 5 release. so even telling me where I should look to do a quick patch would be mucho appreciated.


iOS Simulator Screen shot 8 Oct 2012 13.44.27.png2012-10-08T20:45:45.000+000030218
iOS Simulator Screen shot Oct 8, 2012 1.49.28 PM.png2012-10-08T20:50:54.000+000012212


  1. Daniel Sefton 2012-10-08

    Added screenshot: iOS 6, 2.1.3 GA
  2. Daniel Sefton 2012-10-08

    Added screenshot: iOS 5.1, 2.0.2.v20120514121649
  3. Daniel Sefton 2012-10-08

    The earliest prebuilt v2 build I have access to is 2.0.2 which seems to have the problem too, please could you attach a screenshot of the problem on 2.0.1 GA with it working as expected? Thanks!
  4. Mitchell Amihod 2012-10-08

    Daniel: Since upgrading to ML / new Xcode I've lost ability to run older sdks (things just crap out on me). I've put up screen shot from my app. The good is the one in the store right now, built against 2.0.1.GA2. The bad is built against 2.1.3.GA. EDIT: I patched my 2.0.1.GA2 with https://github.com/appcelerator/titanium_mobile/commit/5029d2ac8d703a855cf55c7ec8205141307a8dab to resolve another bug I was having.
  5. Mitchell Amihod 2012-10-08

    FWIW - I tried to do some investigating in obj-c TiUiLabel / TiUILabelProxy and I could see that a few time sizeForFont / verifyHeight was called, some of the times, it did have the correct width/height calculated. but on the final call to verifyHeight before drawing, it could see that the height was wrong. I just couldnt figure why that was happening/ what was causing it.
  6. Daniel Sefton 2012-10-08

    This appears to have been fixed in the master branch (v20121008140121), please test against the latest 3.0.0 SDK: http://builds.appcelerator.com.s3.amazonaws.com/index.html v3.0 will be launched at the end of this month, so let me know if you can wait until then. If not, I could see if I can request for the fix to be merged to 2.1.4...
  7. Mitchell Amihod 2012-10-08

    Hey Daniel, Yeah, end of month is a bit late for me. If it could be applied for 2.1.4 that would be great, or even point me to what I can patch in my SDK, that would be really helpful. thanks
  8. Daniel Sefton 2012-10-08

  9. Mitchell Amihod 2012-10-09

    Thanks daniel. Looks like this fixes it. For those who have this problem/looking for patch, I only had to apply to code changes for tableView from the commit daniel references to fix things.
  10. Mauro Parra-Miranda 2013-11-24

    Closing since it's a dup.

JSON Source