[AC-1213] Constant Rebuilding for minor .js file changes
DescriptionI don’t know if its an XCode thing, or a Titanium SDK thing, but one thing I noticed that is busted is that before, if you were loading a new window via the url message, you could go “back” (or close the window), make some changes, and then reopen it and those changes would take affect. Now, you have to run the build EVERY TIME.
- Ritu Agrawal 2014-03-24 Thanks for reporting this issue? Do you mean to say that a full build is performed every time and there is no incremental build anymore? or you did not have to build at all for some minor changes earlier?
- Josh Lewis 2014-03-24 If I open a new .js file (say by clicking on a button). Before, I could go back to the original window, make changes in the new one, and then click the button again to open the new window with those changes (not including things that require a build, like new files). Now, the above doesnt work, and the entire project has to be re-built for minor changes.
- Josh Lewis 2014-04-16 Any update?
- Caleb Cox 2014-04-20
in ~/Library/Application Support/Titanium/mobilesdk/osx/
fs.writeFile(to, r.contents, cb);
(for me it is line 2891). This worked for me; hope it helps!
copyFile.call(this, from, to, cb);
- Josh Lewis 2014-04-21 That worked for me, thanks! Any reason why it's not the default?
- Caleb Cox 2014-04-21 No, I do not know. I cannot tell whether that change was intentional or an accidental. Hopefully, they will fix it soon!
- Ritu Agrawal 2014-04-23 Resolving this ticket as a duplicate of TIMOB-16871 as comments in this ticket indicate a simulator build. Please track that ticket for further updates. There is another ticket for build configurations.