[ALOY-1040] Android: Bouncy logo does not appear while running sample alloy widget app
|Affected Version/s||Alloy 1.4.0|
DescriptionAndroid: Bouncy logo does not appear while running sample alloy widget app. It works fine on iOS simulator 7.1 Steps to reproduce: 1. Copy the app from https://github.com/appcelerator/alloy/tree/master/test/apps/widgets/widget_bouncylogo into an alloy project 2. Run the project Expected: Bouncy logo should appear Actual: Bouncy logo does not appear
- Federico Casali 2014-06-04
Copying the app content from https://github.com/appcelerator/alloy/tree/master/test/apps/widgets/widget_bouncylogo into an new alloy project is presenting an issue displaying the bouncylogo.
In this case, the bouncylogo is much bigger and when floating down, it might eventually end up hidden below the lower edge of the screen.
The reason seems to be related to tiapp.xml property
set as created by in the default new project templates.
If running the widget/widget_bouncylogo sample app using jake (as documented in the Alloy Git Repo)
<property name="ti.ui.defaultunit" type="string">dp</property>
the ti.ui.defaultunit property in tiapp.xml is set as 'system' instead of dp:
jake app:setup dir=widget/widget_bouncylogo
Using this configuration it works fine as expected. This is reproducible also using CLI 3.2.3,TiSDK 3.2.3GA and Alloy 1.3.1, so is not a regression.
- Ingo Muschenetz 2014-06-06 [~skypanther] How hard is that to fix?
- Ingo Muschenetz 2014-06-06 That's fine. We should deprecate at least this widget in 1.4.0 and have this as a known issue. Can we point to some suggested ones to replace it?
- Tim Poulsen 2014-06-06 This widget, along with the others in the Alloy repo, are deprecated as of the 1.4.0 release. They will be removed in a future version. The release notes will state that there are known issues, which will not be addressed. I will contact the original author of the modules and give them the opportunity to retake ownership & maintenance of their widgets. (For the bouncy logo widget specifically, see my comment describing the fix that a customer could apply -- account for the density factor -- if use of the widget were crucial.)
- Ingo Muschenetz 2014-06-09 Please move tickets into your sprint before resolving them.