[ALOY-1044] Remove the sample widgets
|Fix Version/s||Alloy 1.5.0|
|Components||Samples & Templates, Widgets|
DescriptionThe widgets have been deprecated and should be removed in the next release. They should be handled as follows: * If required for functional test apps or the widget sample apps, either move the required widgets into those apps or implement new simple widgets so as to preserve the goal of the demo apps. * Contact the original author to see if he/she would like to re-take ownership and maintenance of the widget. * Remove all remaining widgets.
- Tim Poulsen 2014-08-01 BouncyLogo and Drawer widgets written by former employee. Email sent asking if he wants to maintain those going forward. References and samples to remove or update: * docs/apidoc/widgets.js - needs updating and mention of built-ins removed * testing/ALOY\-798 - uses loading widget * testing/ALOY\-898 - uses loading widget * widgets/complex - uses, but includes searchForBooks and loading * widgets/widget_bouncylogo - remove * widgets/widget_buttongrid - remove * widgets/widget_drawer - remove Note, the com.appcelerator.bookSearchView and com.appcelerator.searchForBooks widgets do not appear to be used in any of the samples included in the Alloy repo
- Tim Poulsen 2014-08-11 Email response from Carl was that he doesn't want to maintain the BouncyLogo and Drawer widgets. Those will be removed from the repo.
- Tim Poulsen 2014-08-11 PR: https://github.com/appcelerator/alloy/pull/498 Functional review steps: 1. Review the contents of docs/apidoc/widgets.js to make sure that the changes make sense 2. Run the ALOY-798 test app. It includes, but doesn't actually implement the loading widget. The app should run without error. 3. Edit the ALOY-898 test app's views/LandingPage.xml file to change the opacity to 1.0 (otherwise the loading indicator doesn't show up). Run the test app, open the window. You should see the loading indicator and there are no errors in the logs about missing graphics. Undo your changes to the xml file. 4. Run the widgets/complex test app. Search for a book (e.g. Dune). You should see the loading spinner atop the search button momentarily and the results should populate the table. 5. Confirm that the last three items listed above (labeled "remove") are no longer part of the repo
- Feon Sua Xin Miao 2014-08-12 **APPROVED**
- Feon Sua Xin Miao 2014-08-12 PR merged
- Federico Casali 2014-08-18
removed from Alloy repo. ALOY-798, ALOY-898 and Alloy Widgets/Complex test application working as expected and showing the loading indicator. TiSDK 3.4.0.v20140813022514 Appcelerator Studio 18.104.22.168408121314 CLI 3.4.0-dev Alloy 1.5.0-dev Xcode6-beta5 Closing.
widgets/widget_bouncylogo - remove widgets/widget_buttongrid - remove widgets/widget_drawer - remove