[ALOY-105] Add Anvil Unit Testing to Alloy
DescriptionWe have Jasmine support available but Anvil is the new engineering standard not just for internal engineering but also for external developers, so Alloy we will need to support it. Anvil overview: https://wiki.appcelerator.org/display/spe/Anvil+testing+framework+overview This ticket will cover only the scope of establishing whether or not Anvil works for Alloy's internal testing and creating a basic, initial unit test. This will serve as a sample for future issues that will detail specific areas of testing.
- Tony Lukasavage 2012-07-17 Do we have any docs available for Anvil? if so, can we list the resources in the description for this ticket?
- Russell McMahon 2012-07-17 The doc Opie pointed me to is: https://wiki.appcelerator.org/display/spe/Anvil+testing+framework+overview
- Tony Lukasavage 2012-08-28 where do we stand on this?
- Tony Lukasavage 2012-09-17 For internal testing of Alloy, meaning testing of its own commands and scripts, we will continue using jasmine and custom testing. We will build these tests as standalone nodejs scripts that can eventually be driven through the Anvil driver. This was not an initially perceived usage of Anvil, so we will not worry about this type of integration at this time. We will likely revisit the idea of integrating internal Alloy testing with Anvil around the time that we start exposing Anvil unit testing the developers using Alloy.
- Tony Lukasavage 2013-04-23 At this point it appears we will not be using anvil for testing