[ALOY-1063] CLI: `ti clean` should remove/empty `Resources` for Alloy projects
|Fix Version/s||Alloy 1.7.0|
|Labels||alloy, clean, cli|
Problem DescriptionWith the Alloy compiler trying to become smarter in compiling only those files that are changed, it happens more often that for different reasons the
Resourcesdirectory is not up-to-date anymore. For this reason I'd like to see the
Resourcesfolder emptied or removed with
ti cleanand the Studio options using this CLI command. This way I can instruct people to do a clean as a first attempt to resolve compile/build problems.
- Mauro Parra-Miranda 2014-06-30 Thanks for your report. The Platform team will set the priority on this.
- Chris Barber 2014-06-30 This is not a TIMOB issue. This is an Alloy issue. Alloy SHOULD NOT be a standalone command line tool. It SHOULD be a Titanium CLI plugin that includes includes a hook into the "clean" command. It should also tie into the "create" command "config" hook to add a --alloy flag, and tie into the "pre-build" hook to compile the app dir into the Resource dir. If the "project" command was finished, we should have a hook in there that allows you to change a Titanium classic app into an Alloy app. In the meantime, we could have an "alloy" command with a "new" subcommand (i.e. ti alloy new).
- Fokke Zandbergen 2014-07-01 Sounds like a plan.
- Tim Poulsen 2014-12-10
Adds a CLI hook to empty the resources directory for an Alloy project
1. Create a new Alloy project, or in an existing Alloy project, enter
alloy install plugin .to install the new hook 2. Build the project and confirm you have contents in the Resources directory 3. Do
ti cleanand confirm that Resources is empty (but the dir still exists) 4. Build again 5. Do
ti clean --shallowand confirm that build was emptied but Resources was not
- Feon Sua Xin Miao 2014-12-11 PR merged.