[ALOY-1067] Support L() in XML as Label text
|Fix Version/s||Alloy 1.5.0|
|Labels||alloy, i18n, label, qe-manualtest, view, xml|
|Reporter||Feon Sua Xin Miao|
|Assignee||Feon Sua Xin Miao|
DescriptionFor following view,
L()should work if we've set foo equal to some string in i18n. Now it prints out L('foo') instead
<Window> <Label>L('foo')</Label> <!-- this print out L('foo') instead of treating it as L() --> </Window>
- Malcolm Hollingsworth 2014-07-02
Question of author only, not suggesting you are doing anything wrong;
<Label textid="foo" />
- Tim Poulsen 2014-07-02
[~core13] It's for parallelism as well as to match functionality being worked on for the linked ticket. Expectations are that these work:
So by extension this should work:
<Label>My label text here</Label> <Label text="L('foo')"></Label>
- Malcolm Hollingsworth 2014-07-02 Tim - I know all that, I was asking a specific question of the author - as noted "Question of author only, not suggesting you are doing anything wrong;" I was simply asking for an opinion of the author only - to find out if there was a reason one way over the other as different people have different reasons . If you are not convinced I know this stuff Tim - we need words my old friend.
- Feon Sua Xin Miao 2014-07-03 [~core13], my opinion was the same as what [~skypanther] has clearly explained above. :)
- Feon Sua Xin Miao 2014-07-07
Test app: https://github.com/feons/alloy/tree/ALOY-1067/test/apps/testing/ALOY-1067
1. Run test app on iOS
<Label>L('foo')</Label>locale string is displayed.
- Tim Poulsen 2014-07-09 PR merged
- Tim Poulsen 2014-08-22 PRs merged
- Federico Casali 2014-08-22 Test Case verified and updated. TiSDK 3.4.0.v20140820125714 Appcelerator Studio 220.127.116.11408201526 CLI 3.4.0-dev Alloy 1.5.0-dev Xcode6-beta5 iPhone 5 iOS 7.1.2, Nexus Galaxy 4.3 and Mobileweb Closing.