[ALOY-193] Discuss, test, and merge PR #55 on alloy repo
|Fix Version/s||2012 Sprint 19, Release 3.0.0|
|Components||Runtime, Samples & Templates|
UpdateI spoke with the author of the PR, [killix](https://github.com/killix), and he noted that if PR #55 was resolved, the past 3 tickets mentioned in this ticket could be closed as they were part of #55. #55 is a massive PR, though, spanning about 900 lines of code and 11 different files. We will need to discuss the changes, make sure they are in line with Alloy's design, test them against our test apps, document any changes visible to developers, and communicate these changes.
Original ticket description (old)The following PRs regarding the sql sync adapter and the sql_model sample need to be addressed via the [pull request workflow](https://wiki.appcelerator.org/display/pe/Pull+Request+Workflow) and merged, if they are accepted based on the workflow assessment. * [PR #43](https://github.com/appcelerator/alloy/pull/43) * [PR #44](https://github.com/appcelerator/alloy/pull/44) * [PR #49](https://github.com/appcelerator/alloy/pull/49)
- Tony Lukasavage 2012-08-27 temporarily deferred until after pre-release
- Tony Lukasavage 2012-09-11 We need to be sure that this solved in a way that also solves issue #60 from the repo as well.
- Russell McMahon 2012-09-19 After speaking with developer much of the pull tasks are no longer desired. The extension of both models and collections were the most important and addressed. In the future the pull request should be bite sized junks and each one have a clear test.
- Tony Lukasavage 2012-09-20 Can we close this then? https://github.com/appcelerator/alloy/pull/55
- Russell McMahon 2012-09-20 I'm sending Issam an email and I'll copy you and Gabriel. I'll discuss closing the bug and in the future making them more manageable chunks. I think he'll be fine closing it.