[ALOY-726] Update momentjs builtin to 2.1.0, and make translations available
|Fix Version/s||Alloy 1.2.0, 2013 Sprint 14|
DescriptionAt the moment, alloy uses momentjs 1.7.2 as a builtin, and doesn't use the [translations available](https://github.com/timrwood/moment/tree/develop/lang). This is sad because: * the newest version (2.0.0) packs [several useful new features](https://gist.github.com/timrwood/e72f2eef320ed9e37c51) * developers working on apps which require internationalization finish using their own momentjs copy instead of the builtin feature. Alloy should use a newer version of momentjs. I guess that this change could be done for the next release (1.2.0), as there are several (minor) backward incompatibilities.
- Xavier Lacot 2013-06-28 A PR was just sent on GitHub regarding this issue: https://github.com/appcelerator/alloy/pull/166
- Tony Lukasavage 2013-07-08 [~xavier] is there a link or overview to the backwards compatibility issues? I'd like to assess those and have a way to communicate them forward.
- Xavier Lacot 2013-07-08 Here is the list of the backwards incompatible changes: https://gist.github.com/timrwood/e72f2eef320ed9e37c51#backwards-incompatible-changes
- Tony Lukasavage 2013-07-10 PR: https://github.com/appcelerator/alloy/pull/171 test app: https://github.com/appcelerator/alloy/tree/master/test/apps/advanced/momentjs Functional test is passed if the app uns on all supported platforms. You should be able to toggle through a list of supported languages by clicking the main window. Each click will render the counting timer in the middle of the screen using a new language from the moment.js language packs.
- Federico Casali 2013-08-02 Verified working as expected. Closing.