[ALOY-754] Alloy: Add theme-support for config.json
|Fix Version/s||Alloy 1.4.0, 2014 Sprint 07|
DescriptionAlloy's theming-feature is awesome when it comes to branding white-label apps. However, these white-label apps often also require some contact information and stuff like that to change for each distribution. The most logical place to put these, would be the
config.jsonfile. And even for styling, setting some base colors in
config.jsonto use in the TSS is often more efficient then overwriting each color using themed
.tssfiles. The problem however is...
config.jsondoes not support themes. How about adding support to put a
/app/themes/myThemefolder, which then would (deep-)extend the base
- Fokke Zandbergen 2013-07-23
As a workaround, you can copy the compiled
app/themes/myTheme/assets/alloy/CFG.jsand make any changes there. But of course this would require you to sync changes in
config.jsonto the themed
- Fokke Zandbergen 2013-09-29 PR: https://github.com/appcelerator/alloy/pull/246
- Tony Lukasavage 2013-09-30 PR needs work, detailed in this comment: https://github.com/appcelerator/alloy/pull/246#issuecomment-25405595
- Tim Poulsen 2014-03-10
The PR as it stands now is causing failures with existing apps and test. Specifically, advanced/themes sample app, and tests ALOY-577 and ALOY-629 fail when built using this PR.
jake app:run dir=advanced/themes // throws [DEBUG] [ERROR] Error processing "config.json" [DEBUG] [ERROR] ENOENT, no such file or directory '/Users/tpoulsen/repos/alloy/test/projects/Harness/app/themes/green/config.json' [DEBUG] [ERROR] Alloy compiler failed
- Fokke Zandbergen 2014-03-11 [~skypanther] fixed it in the PR.
- Tim Poulsen 2014-03-13 The latest PR passes all tests except ALOY-887 which deliberately includes an unclosed comment. That was fixed in PR 312, which must not be present in your branch.
- Fokke Zandbergen 2014-03-13 Are you saying it is OK or needs another fix?
- Tim Poulsen 2014-03-13 It should be handled fine when Tony merges your PR. I think it's OK as-is.