[ALOY-916] Alloy 1.3 does not apply theme images where filenames are the same as the replacement
|Affected Version/s||Alloy 1.3.0|
|Fix Version/s||Alloy 1.3.1, 2014 Sprint 01|
Description1. Create an alloy project with basic assets for backgrounds, buttons etc. 2. Create a new theme, copy assets over and replace images with alt. versions but keep the same filenames 3. Specify the new theme in the config.json 4. Build the project Images are not replaced based on the theme - they remain as the original images however if you change the theme image filenames, then add TSS overrides in the theme to point to the new image, the theme is applied. This didn't happen in 1.2 - if you replaced the images and did nothing else, the replacement images (with the same filenames) would be used.
- Stephen Feather 2014-01-04 been snagged by this as well. Is there a priority higher than high? Problem occurs when simply editing image files in the assets tree.
- Tony Lukasavage 2014-01-04 Yep, this is a regression. I improved the compile time in Alloy by trying to copy assets and recompile things less. Looks like a case I missed. I'll get to this first thing Monday. [~sfeather], to be clear, you're saying that a theme isn't necessary? The same issue can appear with basic assets?
- Stephen Feather 2014-01-04 Yes, new project, build once, defaults get copied over and built into the project as expected. 1. Modify android assets (icons/splash screens) old ones remain. 2. Modify a sitting image directly (photoshop), modified image file not copied over. Thing is, it doesn't always not get picked up. Not sure what file changes the scripts are looking for. I'm on cli 3.2 and one of the 3.3.x nightlies and alloy 1.3
- Tony Lukasavage 2014-01-06 I'm going to try [~jkneen]'s theme issue next, but I can't reproduce it with changes to images in the assets folder like you mentioned [~sfeather]. I've been testing with iOS Sim using the CLI. Can you guys list if you were using CLI or Studio, and specifically what mobile platform and devices/sims/emulators you were using?
- Tony Lukasavage 2014-01-06 commit: https://github.com/appcelerator/alloy/commit/d7f73b4bcc1e7bc3f91ca24b304d86886760ca11 test app: https://github.com/appcelerator/alloy/tree/master/test/apps/testing/ALOY-916 Merged into master and 1_3_X. Functional test can be executed as noted in the initial description, or you can use the additional test app noted here and simply ensure that the appc logo from the theme (the red one) hows up and not the one from the assets folder (the black one). [~sfeather] if your issue still occurs even with this fix, please log a new ticket as [~jkneen] confirmed that this resolves his original issue. I will address it immediately, though, if it exists and represents a regression.
- Jason Kneen 2014-01-06 Awesome. Thanks Tony!
- Federico Casali 2014-01-07 Verified fixed with Alloy 1.3.1-beta version got from the 1_3_X branch (fix not present in the package 1.3.1-beta in npm). TiSDK 3.2.1.v20140106195644 Appcelerator Studio 220.127.116.11401061716 Alloy 1.3.1-beta from 1_3_X branch Android Google Nexus Galaxy 4.3 iPhone 5 iOS7 Still not closing the ticket - will double check on 1.3.1-beta2 npm package.
- Federico Casali 2014-01-07 Verified fixed with Alloy 1.3.1-beta2. Closing.